My first time setting my own New Year's resolution goals.

Ok, Ok, Ok, Ok! I will set my goals. Since everyone else seems to think that its a good idea, and have made a habbit of it. I guess I will. Although every time I have tried before, I have failed. I just guess that I am not that diligent in self discipline...:(

GOAL #1: Go on a first date.
I just turned 16 this last year, so I would like to go on a date. Like a real one.
GOAL #2: Actually perform in the Solo/Ensamble Festival.
I hate to admit it, I'm scared to. If I did, it would be me singing. My dad says that would get some where with it. Not just fail at District. I am still debating weather it is a real talent or not. As you can see, I don't know if the people telling me are telling me the truth. Do I have a good voice or not? is my dad biased? is he just saying that to make me feel good? do i have a terrible voice or not?
GOAL #3:Be more diligent in my scripture study.
GOAL #4: Talk with more people.
GOAL #5: Laugh more. Gain a sense of humor.
GOAL #6: Smile more.
GOAL #7: Study more for my tests. I get good grades, but I don't study as much as I should.
GOAL #8: Make more friends. I have lots of sophmore friends, but I could use some friends in other grades. :D
GOAL #9: Don't gain 10 more pounds this year. I gain about 10 pounds every school year, but I don't want to this year. I like where I am, don't want to gain or loose.
GOAL#10: Get over my fear when I have to sing. I always question my 'talent' (if thats what you call it) when someone or something asks me to sing for them. I love singing, but I have a hard time doing it to my best ability cause fear gets in the way. I don't know if its just me and my lack of self confidence or me being blind. Which is it?

Well those are my goals for the year. :D see ya'll later.
Hahahah now you know why people tell me to shut-up! :P`~

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey, I'm terrible with goals, myself. But if everyone sees me post them on my blog, that's what makes me achieve them. Silly on my part, but it works. :-P

You can totally do all of these, Melissa. And your singing is definitely a talent. Your voice rocks, so don't worry. Go for it! :-D

The Warrior said...

It's your own lack of self confidence, not a lack of skill.

That's just how it works, usually, IMO. I'd love to hear you sing.