It's A Mad Christmas after all.

For those of you who do not know, a Mad Christmas refers to a Madrigal Christmas. Yes, I'm talking about the Madrigals that sing. Well the modern day version. I am a Madrigal at Taylorsville High. I love being a Madrigal there. My Teacher Mrs. Tarrant is absolutely amazing. She has taught me so much, I couldn't live with out her, well now that I know what I know. I don't know how I lived with out knowing what I knew earlier. So for Christmas, we have performances. Like a lot of performances. So far that I have counted is 37 performances (did I count that right?) between the dates of Dec. 1st and Dec. 18th. I'm pretty excited and overwhelmed all at once. We are singing 14 different songs. Here they are and my comments about them.

Carol of the Bells- classic, love it...

Keep Me Away From the Mistletoe- hilarious!! so funny!

All Alone Beneath the Mistletoe- pretty contradicting to the song above, but this one is pretty funny too, I really like this one.

An A Capella version of Away in a Manger- gorgeous!

Ready, Set, Christmas- SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Fruit Cake- ..........yummmmm!!! funny with the actions.

Jingle Bells- I really like this version because it is the Classic one. Different rhythm than you would usually hear.

Guard Him Joseph- you don't hear to many songs about Joseph. I really like this one beacause it focuses on him in the manger situation. absoutly breath taking.

Up, Up, Up in the Sleigh- so much fun, reminds me of when I was a little kid again.

Thirty Second Fa La La- oh boy, let's go faster!!!

Ding, Dong Merily on High- a fun traditional classic. classics are great.

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas- hee, hee, hee, hee, this one makes me giggle. cause its not the version you would expect. I love it. it is so much fun.

Up on the House Top- again with the traditional classics. but this one is fun cause the kids get to do it with us. they get to do the actions with us, thats gonna be so much fun.

~and another one that we don't have yet. its comming. tuesday. I'll give you an update.

So in December, you probably won't hear from me. But as for Thanksgiving, I'm working. From 3-8. It will be cool. As long as I don't forget anything. I'm pretty excited. That means good money for tour and school. Yay!! :D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and its almost 2009!!! Wahoo Graduation, here I come!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh and another edit. It's actually 15 songs. I just forgot one. :D

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer- the actions are what makes this one really fun!!I

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Meliss!!! It was SOOO good to hear from you!! I am actually coming up for Thanksgiving and will be at church THIS Sunday!! YAY! I'm So glad you have a blog! It is actually my guilty pleasure right now to update and find other people on blogger. So we will definitely keep in touch this way!! Love ya! Give T a big hug for me!! Man I miss her like crazy! I would give anything to just be able to keep going to choir for the rest of my life! Enjoy every second of it!

Anonymous said...

For the record, I love the madrigals. I used to sit and watch them every year as I was growing up :] I can't wait to see you guys preform this year!

The Warrior said...

Hey Meliss!

Do me a favor please, check out my latest blog post and vote for Matt Chancey for Man of the Year. Spread the word; we need him to win!!!

Spencer

P.S. GREAT pictures there. I didn't recongnize you at first! How have you been?

Meliss said...

I'm doing great. really busy. having a blast. its great. :D