SOLO AND ENSAMBLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?

Well, yes, yes I am.

This week was our region's solo and ensamble. For those of you who have no clue as to what this is, well, I will start off by telling you that you have to sing. Yes, yes, you have to sing to participate or unless you accompany some one.

First off, you pick a classical song. You work on it really hard. You practice for hours, work on every detail. You perfect every vowel, you make sure you are breathing right. You spend countless hours working on the song untill its just right. :D Then, the performance.

Solo and ensamble refers to a solo vocalist or an ensamble of vocalists. This one at least. It can be for instrumentalists or vocalists. But its all musical.

So performance day. I come to school, a total nervous wreck. I was not very happy. I was quiet, looked upset, totally not in my usual mood. I was just different that day. And you could tell. But it wasn't all for nothing. As the day went on, the only thing I thought about was solo and ensamble.

I was singing a song called, "Every Where I Look" by Molly Carew. This song is about a girl walking through the woods, looking at the trees and singing about how winter is leaving and how she is so happy to have spring here. She is so excited and she has fallen in love. Every thing in her wolrd is going perfect and nothing could make it better that she has met her man.

So what happens with solo and ensamble is students from all over the region go to one school and participate in a festaval. Its not a contest, but some how it tursnout to be one. You go sit in the room and listen to other performers while you wait for you turn.. When its your turn you go and give the judges your origional music, with all of the other music in the book. You need to make sure that all of the measures are numbered just right. Then you go stand infront of the grand piano infront of all of the other waiting performers. Then you sing your heart out.

I spent countless hours practicing for this. I spent even more time stressing over it, but it was all was worth it cause I got a 1. Which is the best you can get and I also qualified for state. Thats where you go on to perform at a state college. This year it is at BYU. I am so excited. Its at the end of April after Band tour.

But here's the catch, not every one makes it to state. Only seven girls qualified from my school as soloists. I am so excited. I can't wait, but I am sooooooo nervous. I just don't know what to do with my self. :D later yall~
Hahahah now you know why people tell me to shut-up! :P`~

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I told you that before. But that really is an amazing thing! You rock Melissa! Love ya!

The Warrior said...

Ooh, I'm so hoping you make it Melissa!

I'll be praying for you!

Lydia said...

OOOOOHHHHH... That's mega exciting! Great job!